Barracuda proxy server
Prerequisite: Create an Auth Key
Before you configure the web browsers, you must create an Auth Key for your site’s Internet-facing IP address on the Barracuda Web Security Service Manager. This allows all applicable traffic from your site to access the Barracuda Web Security Service. Make sure you have your external IP address available.
- Open a web browser and go to the Barracuda Web Security Service Manager at the following URL:
- The Barracuda Cloud Control login appears.
- Select Barracuda Web Security Service Manager at the top of the screen.
- Log into the Barracuda Web Security Service Manager.
- On the CONFIGURATION tab, click Key Management.
- Click Add New Key.
- Enter a Name for your site. Example: Beijing Office 1
- Select IP Address for Type.
- Enter your external IP address.
- Save Changes.
- Traffic from the IP address is now authorized to use the Barracuda Web Security Service.
Internet Explorer Proxy Settings
These instructions are verified for Microsoft Internet Explorer version 8. For instructions on earlier versions, see your Microsoft documentation.
- In Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > Connections.
- Click LAN Settings.
- Select Use a proxy server for your LAN.
- Select Bypass proxy server for local addresses.
- Click Advanced. Make sure the Use the same proxy server for all protocols checkbox is cleared.
- For rows 1-3 (HTTP, Secure, and FTP), type the Proxy Address (provided by Barracuda Networks or your Barracuda Networks partner) and Port. Other rows should remain empty.
- Under Exceptions, type any other IP addresses that need to bypass the proxy server for some reason (such as an Extranet site).
- Click OK.
Firefox Proxy Settings
These instructions are verified for Mozilla Firefox version 11.0. For instructions about manually configuring proxies on earlier versions of Firefox, see your Firefox documentation.
- In Firefox, click Tools > Options > Advanced > Network.
- In the Connection area, click Settings.
- Select Manual Proxy Configuration.
- For HTTP Proxy, SSL Proxy, and FTP Proxy, enter the proxy address and port for the Barracuda Web Security Service. Make sure the SOCKS Host box is empty, and that the Use this proxy server for all protocols checkbox is cleared.
- In the No Proxy for box, type any IP addresses that need to bypass the proxy server (such as an Extranet site).
- Click OK twice.
Prevent Repeated Authentication Pop-ups
Use these instructions to prevent Firefox users from repeatedly seeing authentication pop-ups when using NTLM authentication:
- In your Firefox web browser, type the following in the address bar:
- Press Enter.
- In the Filter field, enter the following:
The Preference Name box lists this preference.
- Double click the preference you just searched for.
- In the String value box, type the Barracuda Web Security Gateway’s URL.