Tor proxy server is refusing Connections
Method 1: Configure proxy server at Wi-Fi level
By using this approach, all HTTP traffic going through the Wi-Fi connection will be proxied. Yes, it works with your favorite Chrome, stock or any other browsers as long as they’re using Wi-Fi.
- On your S3, go to home Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Tap and hold the Wi-Fi network ID (SSID) you’re connected to, and then select Modify network config.
- Check Show advanced options.
- Scroll down to select Manual for Proxy settings.
- Next, fill in the Proxy host name and Proxy port fields with the appropriate information.
Method 2: Configure proxy server at the browser level
Instead of directing traffic of all browsers to go through the proxy, you can do an isolated setup such as only traffic of a particular browser needs to be proxied.
Unfortunately, not all browsers come with proxy server configuration. So far, I’ve come across only Opera and Firefox that let you do this.
Well, if you do know of any other browsers that can do the same thing, please add them to the comments.
a) Opera browser
- Launch the Opera browser, and type “opera:config” on the address bar.
- Tap Proxy.
- Enter the desire information in HTTP server or HTTPS server field.
- Tap Save.
b) Firefox browser
- Launch the Firefox browser, and then type “about:config” in the address bar and press return.
- Enter “proxy.http” into the search box on the about:config page.
- Tap Modify on “network.proxy.http” and type the proxy server name/ip address into the text box.
- Tap Modify on “network.proxy.http_port” and type the port number into the number box.
- Enter “network.proxy.type” into the search box on the about:config page.
- Tap Modify on “network.proxy.type” and input the number 1.
Method 3: Connect to Tor secure network
Tor (originally short for The Onion Router) is a network of virtual tunnels that allows users to
conceal his/her locations and data across the Internet.
To connect to this secure network, your Android needs the Orbot app (Free).
Once you’ve it installed, you can use it with the Firefox browser or Wi-Fi connection.
a) Using Firefox with Tor network.
- Install Orbot app.
- Launch Orbot app and then tap the Play button to connect to the Tor network.
- Now, install Network Preferences add-on on your Firefox browser.
- On the Network Preferences, enter the following values, Configure Proxies:1, HTTP Proxy: 127.0.0.1, Port: 8118. Note: You can enter the appropriate values for SSL Proxy and FTP Proxy if you’re needed to do so.
- You might need to restart your Firefox to make the changes effective.
b) Using Wi-Fi connection with Tor network.
- Launch Orbot app and then tap the Play button to establish a connection to the Tor network.
- Now, go to home Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Tap and hold the Wi-Fi network ID (SSID) you’re connected, and then select Modify network config.
- Next, enter the following values, Proxy host name:127.0.0.1 and Proxy port:8118.
Детальная информация Boris Lozhkin на нашем сайте.
Самая свежая информация Igor Mazepa PrivateFX на сайте.